November

November
Next Issue December 1st 2016

Sassy Couture Magazine | Steampunk Issue | March 1st 16' #photographerofthemonth

#photographer of the month
Kolina Topel from Takara Lynn Photography in 
Southern Indiana/Cincinnati Areas 






We asked this inspiring photographer a few questions, and here is what she had to say.
1) What made you want to be a Photographer? 
As funny as it sounds.... nothing. Lol! I was at a juncture in my life where I was changing careers, and I said, "I like taking photos, I'll buy a camera." Five years later, I guess it kinda worked out for me.
2) What Inspires you? 
Everything inspires me. One of my instructors, Melissa, taught us to see the beauty in everything if you look at it from the right angle. And she is right. 
3) What makes the good picture stand out from the average? 
There are so many pieces to that puzzle. Lighting, posing, clothing, props, etc. I think the most important part though, is the models connection with the camera. Their eyes speak to the viewer like nothing else, and if you have a model who can't do that, it could ruin the most perfectly set up image. 
4) What does photography mean to you? 
I am a right brain to the extreme. I have always been a dreamer and I have never settled until I found photography. Every day I meet new people, I photograph things/people that are beautiful, and the sky is the limit. I can shoot Steampunk today, and Gatsby next week, and Boho the following. It is a way to express my creativity and show the world how it looks from my eyes. 
5) How important is it for a photographer to “connect” with his subjects to bring out their true self? 
As I stated before, I don't think there is a more important part. You have to make your model comfortable and confident so that they sink into their role, just as the photographer does. 
6) How long have you been a photographer?
I "started" shooting 5 years ago. It was the basic beginner stuff, families, friends, bad edits, and filters, and after two years I finally went to school. My instructor forced me to learn Photoshop and edit the proper way, and thank goodness because my old stuff.... phew. I hope it's not still accessible online. 
7) How would you describe your style? 
My style varies depending on the shoot. I do portfolio shoots for models so different moods have different feels. I do tend to shoot more elegant/high fashion, though. Fewer smiles, more regal. 
8) How do you educate yourself to take better pictures? 
By looking at my bad ones. Lol, You never stop learning and growing as a photographer. Looking at others' work, editing your files multiple times to see what look you really like and want to represent your style. There are so many online classes you can take to learn new editing techniques, programs, poses, and everything you can imagine. But the most important part, is just shooting. Keep shooting. 
9) Exactly what it is you want to say with your photographs, and how do you actually get your photographs to do that? 
I want my photos to tell a story. The greatest thing a photographer can do is tell an entire story with a single snapshot, especially in a styled shoot (which is my favorite). I want my photos to be so captivating that people stop to look because they can't look away. As far as how I do it.... I'm still working on that. Lol 
10) Among your works, which one is your favorite? Why? 
I don't know that I have one specific favorite. I have certain ones that I regularly look back at because they are those captivating photos. The model is connected, the light, and pose, and feel are all right. When that happens in a photo, it's magic.



Kolina Topel
Takara Lynn Photography
812-736-9885
www.facebook.com/takaralynnphotography

www.Takaralynnphotography.com

No comments

Leave your comment here :)

Southern Sass Magazine 2014-2015. Powered by Blogger.